Saturday, February 10, 2007

Memoirs of Christ Nagar XVII

Hi to my dear batch,

Nice to contact all of you once again. I am celebrating Onam from Punjab, and I am going to have Onasadya in a short time. Thank you, Sabari and others who wished me on my birthday.

Starting off with sessions from our high school classes. I was in Std VIII.A. Remember our class situated in the second floor first room on the right. Remember our class teacher Mrs.Annie Ignatius,who taught us English and Moral Sc as well. Remember how wonderfully she pronounces words.

English : Annie Ignatius teacher. Remember her teaching Guided English text book of 30 stories (parts of novels, of course). Also remember the poetry text by Zecharias. Remember the two supplementary text books. One was `Stories & Myths from east and West' which is mainly the Greek Mythology. The second was Kerala state syllabus one which contained short stories mainly.

Spoken English : I hope no body has forgotten the Spoken English
classes , and the phonetic script.
Vowels - ^, a:, I, I:, u, u:, e, ai, au, (others unable to be typed in
keyboard)
Consonants – b, d, f, g, h, d3, k, l, m, n, p, r, s, t, t3, v, w, j, n1, 0(others unable to be typed in keyboard) .

Remember the classifications like plosive, alveolar & others. `Tum ti ti tum ti ti tum ti' ( to pronounce with adequate stress). Getting nostalgic ??

To continue in the subsequent sessions,

Yours sincerely,
Sundar Singh

No comments: